Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Iron Man 2

Greetings Fearless Reader!

Iron Man 2. Let me start by proving to you my authority on the issue of this movie, and on comic book movies in general. I'm a nerd. I have followed comic books forever. Literally. In fact, I was personal friends with Stan Lee, the man who pulled the first thin piece of bark off a tree and drew a saber toothed tiger attacking a group of men with spears and capes and excellent names like StabMan and the Miraculous Dr Voodoo. Incidentally, the saber toothed cat won... They weren't all about happy endings back in the day. They were real. Sometimes a tragedy is just a tragedy. Oh, and when you died, you stayed dead.

Anyway, comic book movies. I don't want you to expect me to be a nerd of such extreme prejudice that if it says MARVEL at the front, I'll love it. Cause you know what sucked? What they did to Spider-Man and Hulk. Both of these titles have been barely passable to lame on the scale of comic book movie worthiness that I just made up. For future reference, the scale goes from Lame Like a Quadriplegic Volleyball Player to Mind Blowing Awesome Spectacle of Awesome-hood. The Dark Knight was one of those. The first Iron Man was close. But this isn't about the Dark Knight, is it.

No. This is about Iron Man 2. Finally, with the Iron Man franchise, they've done it right. The buzz is that the Iron Man titles are the first that Marvel Comics has been able to make without any studio chump nuggets telling them they need this or that or they can't do this or that. You know what studio retards? Marvel wrote the books. They know what to do with these characters. The proof is in the pudding, as they say. And I don't really like pudding all that much. It's a bit like congealed milk or something. Grosses me out. That's besides the point. The point is that Iron Man 2 was very, very good. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Plus, they're setting up this thing coming down the line called the Avengers Initiative. It will be awesome. Look for Captain America's shield and Thor's hammer to show briefly. Awesome awesome awesome. I love it.

Plus, Gwyneth Paltrow and Scarlett Johansen are hot. I mean like skill-wise. Duh. They are masters of their craft. Scarlett J can kick my butt any day. My wife says it's okay for me to say that. See this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment